In order to keep all your hard earned data safe we recommend at least a weekly backup.
With our Hosting Control Panel it is really really simple and you have no excuse as to why your Websites Database isn’t backed – up — and we have some funny ones over the years.
Here are our 6 Easy Steps to Website Database Back-up Management.
- Select a location on your computer and create a folder called “Website Database Backups”
- Log into your Hosting Control Panel — we will have already sent you those details if you are an existing client.
- In the ‘Web Tools’ Section click on “My SQL Databases”
- at the bottom of this page you will see a Grid with your database/databases (if you have more than one)
- Next to the database you wish to backup click ‘backup’
- Navigate to your Downloads folder, copy and past into you folder named “Website Database Backups”
When should I back up my Websites Database ?
The answer to that lies in your own question of …… If I lost my website data today would that have a detrimental effect on my business? If the answer is yes then the more often the better, daily is defiantly a good idea.
Always back your website database up before you make changes to a post or page and DEFIANTLY (cant emphasis that enough) backup your database before you do a software or plugin update. Always make sure that if the worst happens you can rebuild (restore) and put back what was there before you started!