Ok, so by now we have all heard about Social Media how it works, how much time it takes and what’s involved, but maximising time for such web Marketing remains a challenge.
We were brain storming the other day during a meeting on how we could increase our productivity within the company’s networking activity. How we could still be active on our twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and blog accounts while:
- It doesn’t consume all of our time
- We get a ROI on the time we do commit
Here are some of the suggestions that we came up with and thought we would share them:
- Be firm with either yourself or your staff’s time. Allocate an amount of time that you are going to participate in networking/social media and stick to it, there comes a point where ‘you can do no more’ to increase effectiveness so don’t waste valuable time.
- Don’t be shy at offering links, interaction buttons or even invitations wherever possible.
- Send out an E Newsletter to promote, publish and round up the months networking activities.
- Link your networking together with apps like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/twitter-tools/
- Don’t *over do it*. Blogging, tweeting and profile updates that are done too often, seem to lose credibility quickly. Post often (@ least once a week), and post quality.
- Give things away. Don’t worry we’re not suggesting you give away a secret formula just give away enough to make your followers a) keep following and b) recommend you as a valuable/credible source.
- Measure! See our previous article. The above will all be totally pointless if you don’t.